So I'm very excited to be writing this. It's been a long time coming. I've been wanting to blog again for a very long time. I believe the last time I blogged was over a year ago.
Before I begin, I must tell you, my dear readers, that I don't actually care about you. Scratch that! Of course I care about you! I care about you in a "love thy fellow man, Kumbaya, teach love not hate" sense of the word. But, I don't actually care about your readership. Harsh, I know. Really, I only blog to preserve memories. You can look at it two ways…..I’m a narcissistic mom who loves to talk about myself and my kid (who’s awesome, duh!), or look at it as though that I'm letting you read my diary. They’re both equally true. Either way: Read, don't read, I don't care.
With that said, know that I will be long winded. I will be boring. I will find myself funny, even though you won't. Most of all, I will go on and on (and on!) about my amazing kid. What she did at school. What we ate for dinner. What songs she loves. The color of her toothbrush. The characteristics of her toe jam and belly button fuzz, etc., etc.
So, if haven’t lost you yet, I’m happy you’re with me and can’t wait to talk about myself!
Back to why it took me so long to start blogging again. I wanted to start fresh. If you followed my blog in the past, you have probably noticed the page not only looks completely different, but none of my old posts are here. I LOVE all the memories on my old blog. I started the blog fall of 2009 when Stink was only a year old. I feel as though that was a lifetime ago. I can barely remember what it was like to have a toddler. Not only has Stink changed, so have I. For that reason, I thought it would be great to start a whole new chapter on my blog.
Because I wanted to start from scratch, I needed to makes sure I preserved all of those wonderful old memories. Doing so took a bit longer than I intended. I ended up turning my blog into a book. If you have a blog….I HIGHLY recommend it. I love my book. Making one can be a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Here’s how it turned out:
Love it! Now I can still look at the old blog posts whenever I want and these posts from a lifetime ago won't clutter up the blog.
Now that we have that out of the way, I'll list some things to keep in mind while reading my blog. Let’s call them:
The Minky Dink Link’s Mission Statement
1) I don’t ever take myself seriously. Therefore, neither should you. Ever.
2) You may find me ridiculous, raunchy, inappropriate, and/or immature. That’s ok. I am all of these things. I blame my genetics. I have a condition called Crossing The Line Syndrome. I will try to make sure it does not flare up on this blog. Just beware it may rear its ugly head from time to time.
3) If you don’t hear from me for a while, feel free to send me a mental pat on the back. Brief absences between posts should be celebrated. I am a procrastinator. In fact, right now I should be writing a paper. It’s due at midnight and I've yet to start (it's 8 pm). Don’t worry I’m sure it will write itself. So if I’m not posting, I may actually be doing something productive!
4) I love to craft. So there may be posts about crafts I do which will probably bore a lot of people. But that's ok......because I don't care (remember)?
5) I’m always dieting. You will always hear about my diets. You can’t wait to hear all about it, I know. Also, I should mention I’m on a diet at this very moment. Right this very, very minute....just as soon as I finish my Qdoba chips and queso.
6) I’m planning a wedding. I gag a little bit whenever I think about the girly-frills that all weddings entail. As a reader, it’s ok to gag with me as I discuss irrelevant, frivolous, and yawn-worthy topics. By the way, should I have my caterer season the lemon pepper chicken with rosemary, thyme, or both???
7) My posts will be long. Like, practically a novel, long. I write like I talk and I'm a babbler. Also, it aids in the procrastination.
8) Not only will posts be long, but they will be A.D.D. in nature, just like their writer. I will jump from topic to topic and I ALWAYS interrupt myself. I will also go off on tangents. I’m quite tangential (Such a fancy word. I know. I couldn't resist using it.)
9) Punctuation and grammar are merely guidelines for me. I will use loads of parentheses and dot dot dots [which is totally a grammatically correct term (dot dot dot)]. Also, how about that fancy parentheses/brackets combo I used just now? In addition, I will not always use spel cheque. So if you have a hard time reading my posts, ¡no me importa! (aka I don’t care).
10) I’m in nursing school and I hate it. Be prepared to hear me whine.
Thus completes my mission statement. Or at least everything I can think of right now. Now that you know what you’re getting yourself into, welcome. Let the blogging commence!
Oh! One more thing!
11) I hate reading blogs that are all wordy. Reading is lame. So I will try to include a picture or video or some kind of something other than all those boring, boring words.
Since I don’t have a good picture of me and the Stink to post right now, I’ll give you a video. It relates to my title, “It's A New Day. It's A New Blog. And I'm Feeling Good.” In case you didn't get the reference, it’s from a Nina Simone song. And if you don’t know who Nina Simone is, you can thank me after listening for introducing you to her. Enjoy.